5 Ingredient Chinese Teriyaki Dinner
We love teriyaki chicken in any form: grilled on a stick, stir-fried with various vegetables, or in this skillet meal with broccoli! It’s as easy as it sounds and can be made super quickly if you have leftover chicken ready. I always say make extra, but who has 2+ pounds of pre-cooked chicken laying around, right? Well… I did! When I went to the store, I had meals planned out for the next few days. So, I took a shortcut! When I roasted potatoes the night before, I just roasted my chicken thighs at the same time. I let them cool, went ahead and shredded them, and put them in the fridge.
Don’t worry!! If you don’t have pre-cooked chicken, just cook the chicken in the same skillet beforehand. You are still one pot and 5 ingredients away from an easy Chinese dinner!
Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets fresh (or thawed and drained frozen broccoli)
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 lbs chicken shredded or cubed
- 10 oz teriyaki sauce La Choy
- Add broccoli and onions to olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Toss to saute. Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken and stir to combine. Cover and cook another 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add teriyaki sauce and stir to coat all chicken and broccoli. Cook for 2 minutes. Serve over brown rice if desired.
Make it your own:
- Add your favorite vegetables for variety. I suggest mushrooms, carrots and snow peas.
- If you use frozen broccoli, make sure to thaw and drain it before adding to your skillet.